Class Location: Borrego Springs, California
This clinic is specifically designed to meet the needs of novice off-highway drivers or someone with a bit of experience who is looking for a more complete understanding. In the class we will cover basic information about All Wheel Drive vehicles (just enough to understand what is going on). We will cover a lot of safety and environmental concerns. But the largest part of the class is driving technique to get you through a variety of terrain. A handout of the material covered is provided. Here is a list of items we will cover: Off Road Vehicles, difference AWD to 4WD, Driving Technique, Safety, Pre Run Check, Survival & Peace of Mind Kits, and overview of recovery with ropes & straps. You will learn the capabilities & limits of your vehicle.
The class does not address vehicle build-up options and issues.
The class will answer these questions and many more questions:
- How do you avoid damage to an expensive vehicle?
- What do you need to avoid, when descending a steep Hill?
- What impact does an automatic transmission have on off-road driving?
- How can you improve your traction by 250%?
- What is traction control? And the difference with Electronic Stability Control (ESC).
- What is the most important safety item you can bring?
- The advantage (and danger) of substituting momentum for lack of traction.
REQUIRED EQUIPMENT: To be prepared for safety and fun during this clinic, you must have at least the following (call us if you need help!):
- A street legal, insured, AWD vehicle. All wheel drive vehicles do not have a 2 speed transfer case (or “low range”) and can use four wheel drive on the highway.
- At least one recovery point (factory hook or welded eye) on the front and one on the rear. (A factory-installed 2″ trailer receiver on the rear is acceptable.)
- Recommend remove running boards or side steps.
You can expect some pin stripping on this day.
The class is about 3-4 hours of discussion and 4- 5 hours of behind the wheel practice. Everyone has a lot of fun. It is a great way to learn about your vehicle and build confidence. The class is limited to 10 vehicles.
If you are not satisfied and do not feel you received good value for your money and time, send us an email explaining why and the full price of the class will be refunded, no questions asked.
You may keep all handouts as our apology.
We charge per person including passengers since we feel everyone attending, riding, watching, etc. learns a great deal.
( Badlands Off-Road Adventures Terms & Policies )
There are no reviews yet.